From Rasit OZDAS <rasitoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where are the meta data on HDFS ?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:40:58 GMT
Hi Tien,

Configuration config = new Configuration(true);
config.addResource(new Path("/etc/hadoop-0.19.0/conf/hadoop-site.xml"));

FileSystem fileSys = FileSystem.get(config);
BlockLocation[] locations = fileSys.getFileBlockLocations(.....

I copied some lines of my code, it can also help if you prefer using the
API.
It has other useful features (methods) as well.
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html