From nitesh bhatia <niteshbhatia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zeroconf for hadoop
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:20:29 GMT
For a closed uniform system (yahoo, google), this can work best. This can
provide plug-n-play type of system. Through this we can change clusters to
dynamic grids. But I am not sure of outcome so far, I am reading the

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/09 8:45 AM, "nitesh bhatia" <niteshbhatia008@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apple provides opensource discovery service called Bonjour (zeroconf). Is
> it
> > possible to integrate Zeroconf with Hadoop so that discovery of nodes
> become
> > automatic ? Presently for setting up multi-node cluster we need to add
> IPs
> > manually. Integrating it with bonjour can make this process automatic.
> How do you deal with multiple grids?
> How do you deal with security?

Nitesh Bhatia
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology

"Life is never perfect. It just depends where you draw the line."

http://www.awaaaz.com - connecting through music
http://www.volstreet.com - lets volunteer for better tomorrow
http://www.instibuzz.com - Voice opinions, Transact easily, Have fun