From "Hargraves, Alyssa" <aly...@WPI.EDU>
Subject RE: decommissioned node showing up ad dead node in web based interface to namenode (dfshealth.jsp)
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:45:57 GMT
Bill-

I believe once the node is decommissioned you'll also have to run bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start
datanode and bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start tasktracker (both run on the slave node, not master)
to revive the dead node.  Just removing it from exclude and refreshing doesn't work for me
either, but with those two additional commands it does.

- Alyssa
From: Bill Au [bill.w.au@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:40 PM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: decommissioned node showing up ad dead node in web based   interface to namenode
(dfshealth.jsp)

Not sure why but this does not work for me.  I am running 0.18.2.  I ran
hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes after removing the decommissioned node from
the exclude file.  It still shows up as a dead node.  I also removed it from
the slaves file and ran the refresh nodes command again.  It still shows up
as a dead node after that.

I am going to upgrade to 0.19.0 to see if it makes any difference.

Bill