From Sean Shanny <ssha...@tripadvisor.com>
Subject Re: Indexed Hashtables
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 03:54:04 GMT
Delip,

So far we have had pretty good luck with memcached.  We are building a
hadoop based solution for data warehouse ETL on XML based log files
that represent click stream data on steroids.

We process about 34 million records or about 70 GB data a day.  We
have to process dimensional data in our warehouse and then load the
surrogate <key><value> pairs in memcached so we can traverse the XML
files once again to perform the substitutions.  We are using the
memcached solution because is scales out just like hadoop.  We will
have code that allows us to fall back to the DB if the memcached
lookup fails but that should not happen to often.

Thanks.

--sean

Sean Shanny
sshanny@tripadvisor.com