hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19 over OS X : dfs error
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:01:03 GMT
nitesh bhatia wrote:
> Thanks. It worked. :) in hadoop-env.sh its required to write exact path for
> java framework. I changed it to
> export
> JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
> and it started.
> 
> In hadoop 0.18.2 export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home is working fine. I am
> confused why we need to give exact path in 0.19 version.

Most likely reason is that your /Library/Java/Home some how ends up 
using JDK 1.5. 0.19 and up require JDK 1.6.x.

Raghu.

> Thankyou
> 
> --nitesh
> 
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Joerg Rieger <
> joerg.rieger@mni.fh-giessen.de> wrote:
> 
>> Hello,
>>
>> what path did you set in conf/hadoop-env.sh?
>>
>> Before Hadoop 0.19 I had in hadoop-env.sh:
>> export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
>>
>> But that path, despite using java-preferences to change Java versions,
>> still uses the Java 1.5 version, e.g.:
>>
>> $ /Library/Java/Home/bin/java -version
>> java version "1.5.0_16"
>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b06-284)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing)
>>
>> You have to change the setting to:
>> export
>> JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
>>
>>
>> Joerg
>>
>>
>> On 25.01.2009, at 00:16, nitesh bhatia wrote:
>>
>>  Hi
>>> My current default settings are  for java 1.6
>>>
>>> nMac:hadoop-0.19.0 Aryan$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
>>> java version "1.6.0_07"
>>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06-153)
>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_07-b06-57, mixed mode)
>>>
>>>
>>> The system is working fine with Hadoop 0.18.2.
>>>
>>> --nitesh
>>>
>>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Craig Macdonald <craigm@dcs.gla.ac.uk
>>>> wrote:
>>>  Hi,
>>>> I guess that the java on your PATH is different from the setting of your
>>>> $JAVA_HOME env variable.
>>>> Try $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version?
>>>>
>>>> Also, there is a program called Java Preferences on each system for
>>>> changing the default java version used.
>>>>
>>>> Craig
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> nitesh bhatia wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  Hi
>>>>> I am trying to setup Hadoop 0.19 on OS X. Current Java Version is
>>>>>
>>>>> java version "1.6.0_07"
>>>>> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06-153)
>>>>> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_07-b06-57, mixed mode)
>>>>>
>>>>> When I am trying to format dfs  using "bin/hadoop dfs -format" command.
>>>>> I
>>>>> am
>>>>> getting following errors:
>>>>>
>>>>> nMac:hadoop-0.19.0 Aryan$ bin/hadoop dfs -format
>>>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
>>>>> version number in .class file
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
>>>>>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
>>>>>  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
>>>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
>>>>> version number in .class file
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:675)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
>>>>>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>>  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:316)
>>>>>  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>>>>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:374)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I am not sure why this error is coming. I am having latest Java version.
>>>>> Can
>>>>> anyone help me out with this?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Nitesh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>> --
>>> Nitesh Bhatia
>>> Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology
>>> Gandhinagar
>>> Gujarat
>>>
>>> "Life is never perfect. It just depends where you draw the line."
>>>
>>> visit:
>>> http://www.awaaaz.com - connecting through music
>>> http://www.volstreet.com - lets volunteer for better tomorrow
>>> http://www.instibuzz.com - Voice opinions, Transact easily, Have fun
>>>
>> --
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message