From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: 0.18.1 datanode psuedo deadlock problem
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 22:45:47 GMT

The scan required for each block report is well known issue and it can
be fixed. It was discussed multiple times (e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3232?focusedCommentId=12587795#action_12587795

).

Earlier, inline 'du' on datanodes used to cause the same problem and
they they were moved to a separate thread (HADOOP-3232). block reports
can do the same...

Though 2M blocks on DN is very large, there is no reason block reports
should break things. Once we fix block reports, something else might
break.. but that is different issue.

Raghu.