From Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NLineInputFormat and very high number of maptasks
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:42:00 GMT
Sorry, i see - every line is now a maptask - one split,one task.(in
this case N=1 line per split)
Is that correct?
Saptarshi

On Jan 20, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Saptarshi Guha wrote:

> Hello,
> When I use NLIneInputFormat, when I output:
>
> System
> .out.println("mapred.map.tasks:"+jobConf.get("mapred.map.tasks"));
> I see 51, but on the jobtracker site, the number is 18114. Yet with
> TextInputFormat it shows 51.
> I'm using Hadoop - 0.19
>
> Any ideas why?
> Regards
> Saptarshi
>
> --
> Saptarshi Guha - saptarshi.guha@gmail.com

Saptarshi Guha | saptarshi.guha@gmail.com | http://www.stat.purdue.edu/~sguha
If the church put in half the time on covetousness that it does on lust,
this would be a better world.
		-- Garrison Keillor, "Lake Wobegon Days"