From Andrew <gu...@nigma.ru>
Subject Is it possible to submit job to JobClient and exit immediately?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:43:39 GMT
For now, I use such code blocks in all my MR jobs:

try {
	JobClient.runJob(job);
} catch (IOException exc) {
	LOG.info("Job failed", exc);
}
System.exit(0);

But this code waits until MR job to complete. Thus, I have to run it on
machine that is always online to jobtracker.

My purpose is to write code that submits job to job tracker and exits without
waiting for job to complete. I've tried

try {
	JobID jobid = new JobClient(job).submitJob(job).getID();
} catch (IOException exc) {
	LOG.info("Job failed", exc);
}
System.exit(0);

This code fails  with "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress".
It seems, that JobClient creates non-daemon threads on submitJob()
invocation.

So, is there the way to submit job and exit immediately?

--
Andrew Gudkov
PGP key id: CB9F07D8 (cryptonomicon.mit.edu)