From "Saptarshi Guha" <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Map input records(on JobTracker website) increasing and decreasing
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:34:40 GMT
Hello,
When I check the job tracker web page, and look at the Map Input
records read,the map input records goes up to say 1.4MN and then drops
to 410K and then goes up again.
The same happens with input/output bytes and output records.

Why is this? Is there something wrong with the mapper code? In my map
function, i assume I have received one line of input.
The oscillatory behavior does not occur for tiny datasets, but for 1GB
of data (tiny for others) i see this happening.

Thank s
Saptarshi
--
Saptarshi Guha - saptarshi.guha@gmail.com