From Devaraj Das <d...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: does hadoop support "submit a new different job in map function"?
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 16:17:26 GMT

On 12/6/08 2:42 PM, "deng chao" <chaodeng.hit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> we have met a case need your help
> The case: In the Mapper class, named MapperA, we define a map() function,
> and in this map() function, we want to submit another new job, named jobB.
> does hadoop support this case?

Although you can, the design of your application would be unconventional.
Please see if you can redesign your application so that it doesn't have to
do this. Couldn't you run some algorithm on the client side, and depending
on that output, submit a job? The other case you might want to consider is
to have a series of jobs where the output of one job is the input of
another..