From "Allen, Jeffrey" <jal...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Map/Reduce from web servers
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:31:18 GMT
Hi,

I have an existing enterprise system using web services.  I'd like to have an event in the
web service eventually result in a map/reduce being performed.  It would be very desirable
to be able to package up the map reduce classes into a jar that gets deployed inside the war
file for the web service.   (Primarily just to make redeployment easy.)  In effect, I believe
what I'm asking is if there is a way I can stream the map/reduce code (ie, the jar file) down
to the JobTracker.

Could someone please confirm whether I can do this or not, and if I can, help point me in
the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Regards
Jeff