From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject Re: [video] visualization of the hadoop code history
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:54:28 GMT
> Owen O'Malley wrote:
>> It is interesting, but it would be more interesting to track the
>> authors of the patch rather than the committer. The two are rarely
>> the same.
>
> Indeed.  There was a period of over a year where I wrote hardly
> anything but committed almost everything.  So I am vastly
> overrepresented in commits.

Thanks for the feedback.

The video was rendered from the svn log file (text version). If
someone has a script that clean this file up and replace the committer
name with the real patch author, we are happy to render the video again.

Cheers,
Stefan
Hadoop training and consulting
http://www.scaleunlimited.com