From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject talk: My other computer is a datacentre
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:43:25 GMT

Here's a presentation on datacentres and MR my colleague and I gave to
the local university this week, "My other computer is a datacentre".
MapReduce was demoed on a different dataset from normal (scanned
bluetooth devices from a static location) and implemented in Erlang,
because the students are learning functional languages and it is easier
to show the concepts when you really do have a stateless runtime
underneath. The overall theme though, is how you run things like this in
real datacentres, which is why I have photos of some of the Yahoo!
Hadoop team and one of their datacentres.

http://www.slideshare.net/steve_l/my-other-computer-is-a-datacentre-presentation