From Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>
Subject Re: killJob method in JobClient
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:58:34 GMT
The jobtracker does have the option to kill a job if you enable it in
the hadoop-site.xml file:

<property>
  <name>webinterface.private.actions</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description> If set to true, the web interfaces of JT and NN may contain
                actions, such as kill job, delete file, etc., that should
                not be exposed to public. Enable this option if the
interfaces
                are only reachable by those who have the right
authorization.
  </description>
</property>

Also the bin/hadoop job -kill and bin/hadoop job -list commands may be
of interest to you.

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Program the Web <http://www.attributor.com/>