From Karl Kleinpaste <k...@conviva.com>
Subject Re: question: NameNode hanging on startup as it intends to leave safe mode
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:25:40 GMT
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 11:52 -0800, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> This is probably related to HADOOP-4795.

Thanx for the observation and reference.  However, my sense is that the
bug report you reference reflects NameNode going into an infloop spin,
whereas the situation we have faced concerns NameNode being stuck/hung,
as though in a resource embrace error: Using no CPU, reacting to no
outside events other than to accept incoming connections without
proceeding to handle them.

Can your referenced bug manifest itself as a NameNode hang as well as a

View raw message