From "Aaron Kimball" <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Conf Object witout hadoop-default.xml and hadoop-site.xml
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 02:17:49 GMT
You'll want to set "fs.default.name" which identifies the filesystem to use.
Based on the protocol-prefix of the URI (e.g., "hdfs://", "file://", etc),
it will choose a different filesystem implementation.

So you'll also need to set the relevant "fs.*.impl" keys. See
hadoop-default.xml for the correct values.

I don't think you really want to do this without hadoop-default and
hadoop-site though; if you just create a "new Configuration()", it'll read
both of the above files.

So "FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(new Configuration())" will return the
right thing..
- Aaron