From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject "Filesystem closed" errors
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:47:13 GMT
I have an app that runs for a long time with no problems, but when I
signal it to shut down, I get errors like this:

java.io.IOException: Filesystem closed
	at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.checkOpen(DFSClient.java:196)
	at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.rename(DFSClient.java:502)
	at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DistributedFileSystem.rename

The problems occur when I am trying to close open HDFS files. Any
ideas why I might be seeing this? I though it was because I was
abruptly shutting down without giving the streams a chance to get
closed, but after some refactoring, that's not the case.

View raw message