From Pete Wyckoff <pwyck...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: FUSE writes in 0.18.1
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:09:02 GMT

Hi Brian,

For 0.18.1, "cp foo bar" where bar does not exist will work. But, if bar exists, it will not.copying
over an existing file requires truncate to work and fuse-dfs 0.18.1 does not support it.

Try using the 0.18.2 version where it supports truncate(file, 0).  It supports it, but permissions
and such will be those of the user doing the cp and not the ones that were already on the
file as in POSIX and Hadoop semantics.

-- pete