From "Sunil Jagadish" <suniljagad...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing to multiple output channels
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 05:38:41 GMT
Hi,

I have a mapper which needs to write output into two different kinds of
files (output.collect()).
For my purpose, I do not need any reducers.

public void map(IntWritable key, FeatureVectorWritable value
                        , OutputCollector<Text, NullWritable> output,
Reporter reporter)
                throws IOException
{
   // some processing....
   output.collect(new Text(builder.toString()), NullWritable.get());
   // Ideally I want to do another:
      // output.collect(new Text(builder.toString()), NullWritable.get());
      // but it will all land up in the same part-xxxxx file.
}

Any ideas on what is the right way of implementing such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

- Sunil Jagadish