From souravm <SOUR...@infosys.com>
Subject Any suggestion on performance improvement ?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:55:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing with a 4 node setup of Hadoop hdfs.

Each node has configuration of 2GB memory and dual core and around 30-60 GB disk space.

I've kept files of different sizes in the hdfs ranging from 10MB to 5 GB.

I'm querying those files using PIG. What I'm seeing that even a simple select query (LOAD
and FILTER) is taking at least 30-40 sec of time. The MAP process in one node takes at least
25 sec.

I've kept the jvm max heap size to 1024m.

Any suggestion on how to improve the performance with different configuration at Hadoop level
(by changing hdfs and MapReduce parameters) ?

Regards,
Sourav

Infosys e-mail system.