From C G <parallel...@yahoo.com>
Subject NameNode memory usage and 32 vs. 64 bit JVMs
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 04:17:08 GMT
I've got a grid which has been up and running for some time. It's been using a 32 bit JVM.
 I am hitting the wall on memory within NameNode and need to specify max heap size > 4G.
 Is it possible to switch seemlessly from 32bit JVM to 64bit?  I've tried this on a small
test grid and had no issues, but I want to make sure it's OK to proceed.

Speaking of NameNode, what does it keep in memory?  Our memory usage ramped up rather suddenly
recently.  Also, does SecondaryNameNode require the same amount of memory as NameNode?

Thanks for any help,
C G