From Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com>
Subject 64 bit namenode and secondary namenode & 32 bit datanode
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:58:53 GMT
I am trying to migrate from 32 bit jvm and 64 bit for namenode only.
*setup*
NN - 64 bit
Secondary namenode (instance 1) - 64 bit
Secondary namenode (instance 2)  - 32 bit
datanode                                        - 32 bit

 From the mailing list I deduced that NN-64 bit and Datanode -32 bit
combo works
But, I am not sure if S-NN-(instance 1--- 64 bit ) and S-NN (instance 2
-- 32 bit) will work with this setup.

Also, do shud I be aware of any other issues for migrating over to 64
bit namenode

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions

-Sagar