From Sharad Agarwal <shara...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: passing an integer value from 1 MR job to another-- configure() method?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:22:43 GMT
some speed wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to pass an integer value from one M-R job to another? My 2nd
> MR job reads the output of the 1st job but also i would like it to read
> another integer value too.
you can write this integer to a file in hdfs and then read this integer
while setting up your second job.
alternate way: If the value is integer then you can define a user
counter and write the value to it in the reduce function of your 1st
job. When first job is finished you can get the counter value on the
client side before setting up second job.

View raw message