From Brian Karlak <zen...@metaweb.com>
Subject Re: FUSE writes in 0.18.1
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:20:50 GMT

On Nov 7, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Pete Wyckoff wrote:

> For 0.18.1, "cp foo bar" where bar does not exist will work. But, if
> bar exists, it will not.copying over an existing file requires
> truncate to work and fuse-dfs 0.18.1 does not support it.

Pete --

Thanks for the help.  I am still having trouble with writes, even to
file paths that don't exist on HDFS.  For instance:

% ls /mnt/hadoop-fuse/user/hadoop
jython-wc-3.sh/  test/
% cp ~/hadoop-default.xml /mnt/hadoop-fuse/user/hadoop/test20081108
cp: cannot create regular file `/mnt/hadoop-fuse/user/hadoop/
test20081108': Function not implemented

test20081108 does not exist, yet I cannot create it.  Nor can I do
touch or other writes.

Since writes should work in 0.18.1, do you have any suggestions as to
where I should start with debugging?  Are there any particular options
I should make sure I'm using?

Thanks,
Brian