From "shahab mehmandoust" <shaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To Compute or Not to Compute on Prod
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:03:23 GMT
Currently, I'm just researching so I'm just playing with the idea of
streaming log data into the HDFS.

I'm confused about: "...all you need is a Hadoop install.  Your production
node doesn't need to be a
datanode."  If my production node is *not* a dataNode then how can I do
"hadoop dfs put?"

I was under the impression that when I install HDFS on a cluster each node
in the cluster is a dataNode.

Shahab