From "Tarandeep Singh" <tarand...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions regarding adding resource via Configuration
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:55:02 GMT
Hi,

I have a configuration file (similar to hadoop-site.xml) and I want to
include this file as a resource while running Map-Reduce jobs. Similarly, I
want to add a jar file that is required by Mappers and Reducers

ToolRunner.run( ...) allows me to do this easily, my question is can I add
these files permanently? I am running a lot of different Map-Reduce jobs in
a loop, so is there a way I can add these files once and subsequent jobs
need not to add them ?

Also, if I don't implement Tool and don't use ToolRunner.run, but call
Configuration.addresource( ), then will the parameters defined in my
configuration file available in mappers and reducers ?

Thanks,
Taran