From "Edward Capriolo" <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject LHadoop Server simple Hadoop input and output
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:04:45 GMT
One of my first questions about hadoop was, "How do systems outside
the cluster interact with the file system?" I read several documents
that described streaming data into hadoop for processing, but I had
trouble finding examples.

The goal of LHadoop Server (L stands for Lightweight) is to produce a
VERY simple interface to allow streaming READ and WRITE access to
hadoop. The client side of the connection interacts using a simple
text based protocol. Any type of client, perl,c++, telnet, can
interact with hadoop. There is no need to have Java on the client.

The protocol works like this:

bash-3.2# nc localhost 9090
AUTH ecapriolo password
server>>OK:AUTH
READ /letsgo
server>>OK.
OMG.
Is this going to work
Lets see
^C

Site:
http://www.jointhegrid.com/jtgweb/lhadoopserver/
SVN:
http://www.jointhegrid.com/jtgwebrepo/jtglhadoopserver

I know several other methods exist to get access to a hadoop including
Fuse. Again, I could not find anyone doing something like this. Does
anyone have any ideas or think this is useful?

Thank you,