From Nathan Marz <nat...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Turning off FileSystem statistics during MapReduce
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:13:58 GMT
We see this on Maps and only on incrementBytesRead (not on
incrementBytesWritten). It is on HDFS where we are seeing the time
spent. It seems that this is because incrementBytesRead is called
every time a record is read, while incrementBytesWritten is only
called when a buffer is spilled. We would benefit a lot from being
able to turn this off.