From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@math.unl.edu>
Subject Why is super user privilege required for FS statistics?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:05:57 GMT
Hey all,

I noticed something really funny about fuse-dfs: because super-user
privileges are required to run the getStats function in
FSNamesystem.java, my file systems show up as having 16 exabytes total
and 0 bytes free.  If I mount fuse-dfs as root, then I get the correct
results from df.

Is this an oversight?  Is there any good reason I shouldn't file a bug
to make the getStats command (which only returns the used, free, and
total space in the file system) not require superuser privilege?

View raw message