From lohit <lohit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Urgent: Need -importCheckpoint equivalent for 0.15.3
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:29:51 GMT
Its good to take backup of existing data storage (namenode & secondary namenode).
Konstantine has explained the steps in this JIRA

----- Original Message ----
From: Stu Hood <stuhood@mailtrust.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 12:11:29 AM
Subject: Urgent: Need -importCheckpoint equivalent for 0.15.3

We're running Hadoop 0.15.3 (yes, time for an upgrade), and for the first time, we need to
have our secondary namenode take over for our failed namenode.

There may not be an equivalent command to `namenode -importCheckpoint` in Hadoop 0.15.3, but
I need to know the proper way to restore from a checkpoint, in case our namenode cannot be

Stu Hood
Architecture Software Developer
Mailtrust, a Division of Rackspace

View raw message