From Bert Schmidt <bnschmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Seeking examples beyond word count
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 03:37:47 GMT
I think I now grasp the mechanics of MapReduce and Hadoop.  I'm trying to think of how I might
use it yet all the examples I find are variations of word count.  Are there any interesting
examples of how people are using it for real tasks?  I am not necessarily looking for code
(though that would be quite welcome), just some brief descriptions of the types of problems
it is good at solving.

Thanks in advance,

 -- Bert