From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Profiling!
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:06:57 GMT
Just run your map reduce job local and connect your profiler. I use
yourkit.
Works great!
You can profile your map reduce job running the job in local mode as
ant other java app as well.
However we also profiled in a grid. You just need to install the
yourkit agent into the jvm of the node you want to profile and than
you connect to the node when the job runs.
However you need to time things well, since the task jvm is shutdown
as soon your job is done.
Stefan

101tec Inc., Menlo Park, California
web:  http://www.101tec.com