From Zhengguo 'Mike' SUN <zhengguo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Any one successfully ran the c++ pipes example?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:40:39 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to write an application using the pipes api. But it seemed the serialization
part is not working correctly. More specifically, I can't deserialize a string from an StringInStream
constructed from context.getInputSplit(). Even with the examples bundled in the distribution
archive(wordcount-nopipe.cc), it threw exceptions. If anyone had experience on that, please
kindly give some advise.

P.S.
The code that I am suspecting:

HadoopUtils::StringInStream stream(context.getInputSplit());
HadoopUtils::deserializeString(fname, stream);

fname should be deserialized from that stream, but it actually wasn't.