From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@revenuescience.com>
Subject Unable to retrieve filename using "mapred.input.file"
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:41:44 GMT
I'm running map reduce and have the following lines of code:

public void configure(JobConf job) {

        mapTaskId = job.get("mapred.task.id");

        inputFile = job.get("mapred.input.file");

The problem I'm facing is that the inputFile I'm getting is null (the
mapTaskId works fine).

The input file are all the files in a given directory and they are all
gzipped. Something like  .../blah/*.gz

Any suggestion on how to get the name of the processed filename to the
map task?

Thanks

-Yair