From Colin Evans <co...@metaweb.com>
Subject Re: A Scale-Out RDF Store for Distributed Processing on Map/Reduce
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:23:01 GMT
Hi Edward,
At Metaweb, we're experimenting with storing raw triples in HDFS flat
files, and have written a simple query language and planner that
executes the queries with chained map-reduce jobs.  This approach works
well for warehousing triple data, and doesn't require HBase.  Queries
may take a few minutes to execute, but the system scales for very large
datasets and result sets because it doesn't try to resolve queries in
memory.  We're currently testing with more than 150MM triples and have
been happy with the results.

-Colin