From "Tsz Wo \(Nicholas\), Sze" <s29752-hadoopu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: distcp port for 0.17.2
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:23:06 GMT
Hi,

There is no such thing called distcp port.  distcp uses (generic) file system API and so it
does not care about the file system implementation details like port number.

It is common to use distcp with HDFS or HFTP.  The urls will look like hdfs://namenode:port/path
and hftp://namenode:port/path for HDFS and HFTP, respectively.   The HDFS and HFTP ports are
specified by fs.default.name and dfs.http.address, respectively.

Nicholas Sze