From "Ariel Rabkin" <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa Support
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:16:43 GMT
Hey, glad to see that Chukwa is getting some attention and interest.

An adaptor is a Java class that implements
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.adaptor.Adaptor.  The Adaptor
javadoc should tell you what the methods need to do.

You start an adaptor by sending a command of the form "add [classname]
[parameters] 0" to the Chukwa agent over TCP.  By default, Chukwa
listens on port 9093.

I don't believe HICC has been publicly released yet, due to annoying
GPL/Apache license incompatibilities.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department