From "Stuart Sierra" <m...@stuartsierra.com>
Subject Re: A Scale-Out RDF Store for Distributed Processing on Map/Reduce
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:39:09 GMT
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon@apache.org> wrote:
> This RDF proposal is a good long time ago. Now we'd like to settle
> down to research again. I attached our proposal, We'd love to hear
> your feedback & stories!!

Hello, Edward,
I'm very glad to see this idea moving forward.  Two comments:

An essential feature, for me, would be the ability to write custom
MapReduce jobs to process RDF, independent of the RDF query processor.
 That way I could plug in my own inference engine, rules engine, or
graph transformer.

I'd also like to see re-use of existing APIs wherever possible, like
JRDF or RDF2Go.  It may be worth examining other large-scale RDF
databases like Mulgara to see if any code can be reused.
-Stuart