From Dan Benjamin <dben...@amazon.com>
Subject Problem with MapFile.Reader.get()
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:20:05 GMT

Firstly, can someone please explain the purpose of the second parameter -
Writable val?  The Javadocs don't say what this is for and to my
understanding this is what the function is supposed to retrieve, isn't it?

In my code I'm passing null for the val parameter and seeing the following

08/10/16 20:09:52 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
attempt_200810141831_0036_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED

        at org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Reader.get(MapFile.java:523)

Is this caused by the fact that I'm passing in null for val or is it
something else?

I'm using hadoop 0.18.1 if that makes any difference.