From Hyunsik Choi <hyunsikc...@korea.ac.kr>
Subject Re: A Scale-Out RDF Store for Distributed Processing on Map/Reduce
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:57:40 GMT
Hi Colin,

I'm a member of RDF proposal. I have one question as to Metaweb. Do you
intend to make Metaweb open source?

Hyunsik Choi

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 18:23 -0700, Colin Evans wrote:
> Hi Edward,
> At Metaweb, we're experimenting with storing raw triples in HDFS flat
> files, and have written a simple query language and planner that
> executes the queries with chained map-reduce jobs.  This approach works
> well for warehousing triple data, and doesn't require HBase.  Queries
> may take a few minutes to execute, but the system scales for very large
> datasets and result sets because it doesn't try to resolve queries in
> memory.  We're currently testing with more than 150MM triples and have
> been happy with the results.
>
> -Colin
>

> Edward J. Yoon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This RDF proposal is a good long time ago. Now we'd like to settle
> > down to research again. I attached our proposal, We'd love to hear
> > your feedback & stories!!
> >
> > Thanks.

Hyunsik Choi (Ph.D Student)

Laboratory of Prof. Yon Dohn Chung
Database & Information Systems Group
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Korea University
1, 5-ga, Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, 136-713, Republic of Korea

TEL : +82-2-3290-3580