From "Deepak Diwakar" <ddeepa...@gmail.com>
Subject custom writable class
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:09:30 GMT

I am new to hadoop. For my map/reduce task I want to write my on custom
writable class. Could anyone please let me know where exactly to place the
customwritable.java file?

I found that in {hadoop-home}
/hadoop-{version}/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/io/ all  type of writable class
files are there.

Then  in the main task, we just include "import
org.apache.hadoop.io.{X}Writable;" But this is not working for me. Basically
at the time of compilation compiler doesn't find my customwritable class
which i have placed in the mentioned folder.

plz help me in this endevor.