From "Camilo Gonzalez" <camig...@gmail.com>
Subject Slaves "Hot-Swaping"
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:33:56 GMT
Hi!

I was wondering if there is a way to "Hot-Swap" Slave machines, for example,
in case an Slave machine fails while the Cluster is running and I want to
mount a new Slave machine to replace the old one, is there a way to tell the
Master that a new Slave machine is Online without having to stop and start
again the Cluster? I would appreciate the name of this, I don't think it is
named "Hot-Swaping", I don't know even if this exists. lol

BTW, when I try to access http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NameNodeFailover the
site tells me that the page doesn't exists. Is it a broken link?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

--
Camilo A. Gonzalez