From Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Jobtracker config?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:52:42 GMT
Hello,
Back to hadoop after several months. I searched a few thousand
messages but the config for jobtracker escaped me.

Setup:
I am running the namenode on A, the sec. namenode on B and the
jobtracker on C. The datanodes and tasktrackers are on Z1,Z2,Z3.

Problem:

However, the jobtracker is starting up on A. Here are my configs for
Jobtracker
<property>
   <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
   <value>C:54311</value>
   <description>The host and port that the MapReduce job tracker runs
   at.  If "local", then jobs are run in-process as a single map
   and reduce task.
   </description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>mapred.job.tracker.http.address</name>
   <value>C:50030</value>
   <description>
     The job tracker http server address and port the server will
listen on.
     If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.
   </description>
</property>

Also, my masters contains on entry for B (so that the sec. name node
starts on B) and my slaves file contains Z1,Z2,Z3.
The config files are synchronized across all machines.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Saptarshi

Saptarshi Guha | saptarshi.guha@gmail.com | http://www.stat.purdue.edu/~sguha