From Pete Wyckoff <pwyck...@facebook.com>
Subject aerialization.Deserializer.deserialize method help
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:01:43 GMT

This method's signature is
T deserialize(T);

But, the RecordReader next method is

boolean next(K,V);

So, if the deserialize method does not return the same T (i.e., K or V), how
would this new Object be propagated back thru the RecordReader next method.

It seems the contract on the deserialize method is that it must return the
same  T (although the javadocs say "may").

Am I missing something? And if not, why isn't the API boolean deserialize(T)

Thanks, pete

Ps for things like Thrift, there's no way to re-use the object as there's no
clear method, so if this is the case, I don't see how it would work??

View raw message