From "叶双明" <yeshuangm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about retriving DFS metadata from datanodes!!!
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:06:08 GMT
I think let each block carry three simple additional information which
doesn't use in normal situation:
   1. which file that it belong to
   2. which block is it in the file
   3. how many blocks of the file
After the cluster system has been destroy, we can set up new NameNode , and
then , rebuild metadata from the information reported from datanodes.

And the cost is  a little disk space, indeed less than 1k each block I
think.  I don't think it replace of multiple NameNodes or compare to , but
just a  possible mechanism to recover data, the point is '"recover".

hehe~~ thanks.

--
Sorry for my english!! 明