From steph <st...@conviva.com>
Subject HDFS ingest rate
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:48:40 GMT

Are there any performance numbers related to how HDFS can ingest data?

I am assuming a case where multiple processes outside hadoop write into
hadoop in parallel. I understand that it is probably related to
various hardware
constraints but any existing numbers would be interesting. In
Is the ingest rate tied to the number of nodes on the cluster? Is it
somehow linear?
What is the impact of ingesting data at a high rate on the map/reduce
jobs running?