From Shirley Cohen <sco...@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject job details
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:51:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which log files are used by the job
tracker's web interface to display the following information:

Job Name: my job
Job File: hdfs://localhost:9000/tmp/hadoop-scohen/mapred/system/
job_200809260816_0001/job.xml
Started at: Fri Sep 26 08:18:04 CDT 2008
Finished at: Fri Sep 26 08:18:25 CDT 2008
Finished in: 20sec

What I would like to do is backup the log files that are needed to
display this information so that we can look at it later if the need
arises.  When I copy everything from the hadoop home/logs directory
into another hadoop home/logs directory, the jobs show up in the
history page. However, all I see are the job name and starting time,
but not the completion time or the length of the job.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shirley