From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop & EC2
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:59:58 GMT
tim robertson wrote:

> Incidentally, I have most of the basics of a "MapReduce-Lite" which I
> aim to port to use the exact Hadoop API since I am *only* working on
> 10's-100's GB of data and find that it is running really fine on my
> laptop and I don't need the distributed failover.  My goal for that

If it's going to be API-compatible with regular Hadoop, then I'm sure
many people will find it useful. E.g. many Nutch users bemoan the
complexity of distributed Hadoop setup, and they are not satisfied with
the "local" single-threaded physical-copy execution mode.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><