From "Trinh Tuan Cuong" <trinhtuancu...@luvina.net>
Subject Question about Hadoop 's Feature(s)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:50:33 GMT
Hi,

We are developing a project and we are intend to use Hadoop to handle the processing vast
amount of data. But to convince our customers about the using of Hadoop in our project, we
must show them the advantages ( and maybe ? the disadvantage ) when deploy the project with
Hadoop compare to Oracle Database Platform.

 So I would like to have a full feature(s) list of Hadoop, which would describe what features
are integrated in the lastest version of Hadoop ( 0.18.1). Especially  features related to
the area of manipulating database – support user facilitating the use of database – and
maybe some features about security,platform supports which are not related to the manipulating
database process.

P.S : I did google and yahoo the features list of Hadoop for several days but no clues or
just a small features of HDFS or MapReduce, Hadoop on Demand stand-alone, what I really want
is the completed feature list of the leastest version. Thanks in advance if any help, or links.

Best Regards,

Trịnh Tuấn Cường

Luvina Software Company

Website : www.luvina.net