From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop + Elastic Block Stores
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 03:38:02 GMT
Ryan,

I currently have a Hadoop/HBase setup that uses EBS. It works but using EBS
implied an additional overhead of configuration (too bad you can't spawn
instances with volumes already attached to it tho I'm sure that'll come).
Shutting down instances and bringing others up also requires more
micro-management but I think Tom White wrote about it and there was a link
to it in another discussion you were part of.

Hope this helps,

J-D